I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Monday, May 7, 2012

May 7-11


Important Days in May
  • No School-  Monday, 28th
  • Last Day of School (Early Dismissal at noon)- Friday, June 1st

Safe Student Educational Games                   (Click on the words below)



Mini-Book
Click on the title of the books below and find FREE printouts of the mini-book, large colored big book and more!

This Week: Animals At Night- The owl will not sleep at night. The bat will not sleep at night.
Last Week: Places We Go- We will go to the park. We will go to the museum.

The following are some of the words students should be read and write by the end of kindergarten.

all, am, are, at, be, black, brown, but, came, did, do, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new, no, on, out, ran, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will, with, yes. 

Ideas for at home (From Teaching Sight Words – Effective Strategies For Reading Success)

Teaching Sight Words With Games

Once children have had the opportunity to study new sight words, games are a fun, hands on way to help strengthen their retention. These games are easy to create at home or at school and can be modified based on the particular sight words a child is learning at the time.
  • Wordo—Played just like the game Bingo, but this version uses sight words instead of numbers on a grid card.


Money


7-12 Objective- identify a dime and its value; find the value of a given set of coins.

  • At home ideas- Get a pile of coins for your child to sort. Ask him/her about the different attributes of the coins to see if he/she knows the differences between the coins. Display a penny, a nickel, and a dime. Ask which coin is worth 1, 5, or 10 cents.
7-13 Objective- identify a quarter and its value; identify a dollar bill.



  • At home idea- Display a random group of pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters. Have your child sort all the coins and identify each one and its value.

No comments:

Post a Comment