I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Monday, April 30, 2012


Welcome to our new    
                                    student Desiree!!!
NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY, MAY 4TH
Safe Student Educational Games
                                            (Click on the words below)




Mini-Book
Click on the title of the books below and find FREE printouts of the mini-book, large colored big book and more!


This Week: Places We Go- We will go to the park. We will go to the museum.
Last Week: Seeds- They will be planted. They will need water.
The following are some of the words students should be read and write by the end of kindergarten.

all, am, are, at, be, black, brown, but, came, did, do, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new, no, on, out, ran, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will, with, yes. 

Ideas for at home (From Teaching sight words)
Tic-Tac-Toe
Help children learn how to read and write sight words by playing this fun game! Select at least 9 words that your students know and write them on the board. Have them fill in the tic-tac-toe board. The first student to have 3-in-a-row wins! (Can be played in the small group and whole group setting!)



Money


If your child has not brought the coins to school, please send 4 quarters, 10 dimes, 5 nickels, and 10 pennies to school ASAP. The coins will be returned when we are finished with this money 
unit.


7-11 Objective- identify a nickel and its value; find the value of a nickel and some pennies.

  • At home ideas- label 10 index cards labeled with values 1 through 10 cents. Have your child pick a card and using pennies and/or nickels show different ways to make the amount on the card (I.e. 6 cents- 6 pennies and/or 1 nickel and 1 penny).

Objective- Identify the different parts of a calendar (days of the week, months of the year, dates on the calendar).
  • At home idea-
    With your childs May calendar. Hang it up in the kitchen or some place very visible, so you can look at it every day and mark each day off the calendar. Ask questions like, " What day of the week is May 18th?"  How many Monday's are in May?..."


7-12 Objective- identify a dime and its value; find the value of a given set of coins.

  • At home ideas- Get a pile of coins for your child to sort. Ask him/her about the different attributes of the coins to see if he/she knows the differences between the coins. Display a penny, a nickel, and a dime. Ask which coin is worth 1, 5, or 10 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment