I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2-6

  • Safe Student Educational Games
(Click on the links below)


Important Dates this Month
  • End of 2nd Quarter- January 13th (Friday)
  • Alberta Bair Performance- January 30th at 12:30


Mini-Book
This Week: What Can We Do In The Snow-
Last Week: I See Christmas (Example: I see Santa Claus. I see the tree. I see presents.)


Math this week
(Christmas time was incredibly busy and we didn't accomplish everything I wanted to; therefore, for the next two weeks we are going to focus on building and recognizing numbers 0-20.

Work with numbers 11-19 to gain foundations for place value.

  • K.NBT.1. Compose and decompose numbers from 11 to 19 into ten ones and some further ones, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each composition or decomposition by a drawing or equation (such as 18 = 10 + 8); understand that these numbers are composed of ten ones and one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine ones.
Other Math Common Core Standards-


The student will recognize and write the numerals that describe the

quantities 15, 16 and 17.


  • At home idea- Have your child find 15, 16 and 17 Legos, markers, pennies, etc. Count the objects one by one (1-to-1 correspondence). Put objects into a group of 10 and then count all the extras and write the number of objects.

  • - 16 Legos (1 group of ten and 6 = 16)




The student will recognize and write the numerals that describe the quantities 18, 19, and 20.

  • At home idea- Write 18, 19, and 20 on a piece of paper. Have your child choose a number, practice writing the number 5 times, and stamp, glue stickers or cereal, or draw that many stars.

As you may have noticed we are spending a lot of time writing, building, and recognizing numbers 10-20. I explain all the two digit numbers by saying, "13 is 1 ten and 3 ones, 17 is 1 ten and 7 ones."

No comments:

Post a Comment