I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9-13



Important Dates This Month

January 10- PTA Meeting in the Library @ 7:00 p.m.
January 13- End of 2nd Quarter
January 19- Report Cards sent home
January 30th- Alberta Bair - Sylvester and Magic Pebble from 12-2:00 p.m.



Said Poem- Click on the picture for a copy to have at home.

Mini-Book
This Week: The Mitten-

Last Week: What Can We Do In The Snow-




****IMPORTANT INFORMATION****
The students have been learning how to point to one word at a time (one-to-one correspondence), read from the top to bottom, and from left to right. However many of the students maybe pretending to read. We read the story in class enough times the kids start to memorize the story; however, that does not mean they are actually reading the stories and can pick out individual words like can, see, and, or, the.
Go on a word hunt and pick out a word on the page your child has to find and spell.

Click on the picture for a copy to have at home.

Reading and writing this week

Reading Objective- Children will use illustrations to aid comprehension
- We will be reading the book Time to Sleep and identify characters, setting, problems and sequence of events.
-Children will derive pleasure from reading, listening, and viewing books.
- Match spoken words to printed words.

Writing Objective- sound out individual words and write sight words (see, I, the, can, is, in, etc.) correctly
- know the difference between individual letters
and printed words.
- understand that written words are separated by spaces.


Math Common Core Standards

Know number names and the count sequence.

  • K.CC.1. Count to 100 by ones and by tens.
  • K.CC.2. Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1).
  • K.CC.3. Write numbers from 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral 0-20 (with 0 representing a count of no objects).

Last Week for numbers 0-20

The student will recognize and write the numerals that describe the quantities 18, 19, and 20.

  • At home idea- Write 18, 19, and 20 on a piece of paper. Have your child choose a number, practice writing the number 5 times, and stamp, glue stickers or cereal, or draw that many stars.

As you may have noticed we are spending a lot of time writing, building, and recognizing numbers 10-20. I explain all the two digit numbers by saying, "13 is 1 ten and 3 ones, 17 is 1 ten and 7 ones."


Click on the picture to find a copy to print.

No comments:

Post a Comment