I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19-22

  • Safe Student Educational Games
(Click on the links below)



Important Dates in December
  • December 22- General Music Holiday Program (Primary K-3) @ 9 a.m.
Kindergarten Sign Language Performance @ 1: 45 in the gym
(These performances are different.)
  • December 23- January 1: Winter Break (NO SCHOOL)

Kindergarten Christmas Sign Language Performance
It will be held on Thursday, December 22 at 1:45 in the gym. After the performance we are going to have treats and punch. Only two parents have let me know they are bringing treats, so if you are able to bring anything, please let me know (e-mail- hansona@billingsschools.org) . Thanks for you help and we hope to see you there!


Mini-Book

This week: I See Christmas (Example: I see Santa Claus. I see the tree. I see presents.)

Last week: What Is It?


Math this week

The student will recognize and write the numerals that describe the

quantities 16 and 17.


  • At home idea- Have your child draw 16 simple figures, such

    as stars or triangles, and write the number. Then have him/her draw 17 simple

    figures and write the number.



The student will recognize and write the numerals that describe the quantities 18, 19, and 20.

  • At home idea- Write 18, 19, and 20 on a piece of paper. Have your child choose a number, practice writing the number 5 times, and stamp, glue stickers or cereal, or draw that many stars.

As you may have noticed we are spending a lot of time writing, building, and recognizing numbers 10-20. I explain all the two digit numbers by saying, "13 is 1 ten and 3 ones, 17 is 1 ten and 7 ones."

Featured Topic: Teen Numbers

It is very common for students to have difficulty with the numbers 11- 19. Their names do not follow the common rule and they are the sight words/ numbers of mathematics. Teachers must ACTIVELY help students develop meaning for both the words and the corresponding numerals. It may help to emphasize that the teen numbers are between 10 and 20.

http://www.mathwire.com/strategies/teen.html


Teen Number Poster


http://www.mathwire.com/templates/teenposters.pdf




Science This Week

Part of the science curriculum for Kindergarten is to study our five senses. We will be doing this for the next three weeks. Your child is asked to bring something each of the assigned days to share with the class. Please make sure each object fits inside his/her backpack and is concealed in a bag, so the students can rely on one of his/her five senses.

  • Wednesday (Dec. 21st )- is our tasting day. Please bring 23 pieces of something for us to taste. This could be cereal, chips, fruit or vegetables cut up, sweet, sour, or salty foods.


No comments:

Post a Comment