I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

December 5-9

  • Safe Student Educational Games
(Click on the links below)

Important Dates in December
  • December 8- Book Order Due
  • December 8- Christmas Stroll @ 6:30- we will gather in the gym
  • December 9, 12 and 13- I will be out of town.'
  • December 13- PTA Meeting in the Library @ 7p.m.
  • December 15- Winter Celebration Meal (please stay at the office and wait for us.)
  • December 22- General Music Holiday Program (Primary K-3) @ 9 a.m.
- Kindergarten Sign Language Performance @ 1: 45 in the gym
(These performances are different.)
  • December 23- January 1: Winter Break (NO SCHOOL)


Kindergarten Christmas Sign Language Performance
Both Kindergarten classes have been learning several Christmas songs in sign language. The students would like to invite their families to come and watch this performance. It will be held on Thursday, December 22 at 1:45 in the gym. After the performance we are going to have treats and punch. If you are able to bring anything, please let your child's teacher know. thanks for you help and we hope to see you there!
Mrs Dews and Mrs. Hanson

Mini-Book

This week: Foods I Like- "I like bacon and eggs. I like apples and bananas.

Last week:
We Like School- "We like reading. We like art."
MAKE FLASH CARDS
*Play Go Fish with two sets of the sight word cards


Math This Week

  • The students will use objects to represent and count the quantities 11 through 20.

  • At home idea- Have your child draw dots to show 14. Then have him/her draw dots to show 20.


  • The students will

    recognize and write the numerals that describe the quantities 11 and 12.

  • At home idea- Draw a group of 11 snowmen and a group of 12 snowmen (or any object he/she enjoys drawing). Ask your child to count the groups and write the numeral beside the groups.

  • The students will recognize and write the numerals that describe the quantities 13, 14, and 15.
  • At home idea- Hold up number card for 13, 14, or 15 and have

    your child make a group of objects match the numerals (i.e. 13 crackers, 14

    legos, or 15 marshmallows.


Science This Week

Part of the science curriculum for Kindergarten is to study our five senses. We will be doing this for the next three weeks. Your child is asked to bring something each of the assigned days to share with the class. Please make sure each object fits inside his/her backpack and is concealed in a bag, so the students can rely on one of his/her five senses.

  • Tuesday (Dec. 6th)- bring something to feel. It could be soft, scratchy, prickly, or smooth.
  • Thursday (Dec. 8th) - bring something to smell. We will pass these

scented objects around for all to smell and decide if we like it or not.

  • Tuesday (Dec. 13th)- bring something to hear. We will close our eyes and try to guess what it is.
  • Thursday (Dec. 15th)- bring something to see. If time allows we will look at the objects with a magnifying glass.
  • Wednesday (Dec. 21st )- is our tasting day. Please bring 23 pieces of
something for us to taste. This could be cereal, chips, fruit or vegetables cut up, sweet, sour, or salty foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment