I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Friday, April 15, 2011

April 28-22

Important Dates This Month
April 20- Early Out- 12:00 (noon) dismissal
April 21-25- No School
Zoo Field Trip- May 19 from 10:30-1:30

NO LIBRARY THIS WEEK BECAUSE OF

EARLY DISMISSAL ON WEDNESDAY!!


Math This Week

9-3 Objective- Show 8 and 9 in two parts and in different ways.

  • At home idea- (Materials: 2 different color straws or other solid color objects). Select 3 red straws and 6 yellow straws. Count the whole collection and then count the number of red straws and yellow straws. You child will say, “ I have 9 straws. 3 are red and 6 are yellow”. To extend the activity change the number of straws (4-9) in the whole group or change the number of yellow and red straws (ie. 9 is 2 red and 7 yellow).

9-4 Use a ten-frame to show 10 in different ways.

  • At home ideas- Make a Lego tower made up of 10 blocks in two colors (5 blue and 5 green). Have your child count and tell the number of each color (Ie. 10 is 5 blue and 5 green). To extend the activity change the number of colored Legos’s in the tower of 10 blocks, draw a picture, or write the sentence (Ie. 10 is 6 blue and 4 green).


Science This Week
-Students will discover that plants go through predictable life cycles.

Review:
- parts of a green plant
- what plants need to survive


Reading
This Week
  • A Seed is Sleepy, by Silvia Long
  • I'm a Seed, by Jean Marzollo
  • Seeds, by Patricia Whitehouse


Review words- they, will, of, an, yes, some, has, are, look, have, am, do, you, see, the, we, in, for, said, it, like, I, can, on, my, go, a, she, he, is


No comments:

Post a Comment