I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

November 8-12

Important Dates this Month

- November 8- Vision Screening
- November 9- PTA Meeting @ 7p.m. in the Library
- November 18- Picture Retakes
- November 23- Early dismissal at 12:00 noon

Math this week

Objective-Recognize and write the numeral that describes the quantity 0.

Idea at home- Have your children write the number 0 and then draw pictures of things in your house that you have zero of (ie. zero elephants, zero dogs, ...)


Objective- Use one-to-one correspondence and counting to compare groups and determine which has more,which as fewer, or whether the groups are the same.

Idea at home- Have your child draw a group of 4 blueberries and a group of 5 apples. Have him/her write the number next to the group of pictures and then have him/her circle the group that has fewer.


Objective- Use objects to order numbers from 0 to 5 in sequence.

Ideas at home- dot-to-dot number pictures
- give your child number cards (1-5) and have your child put the cards in order
from first to last. Then mix up the cards and see if he or she can put them back
in order again.

Reading this week
We will be reading "No, No, Titus" by Claire Masurel. We have discussed characters in our stories. Now we are going to discuss the beginning, middle, and the end of the story and the setting. At the end of the week the students will be given icons representing the characters and setting in the story. Your child will need to put the icons in order representing the beginning, middle, and end of the story.

Mini-Book of the Week

I See a Leaf

Example of the Book- "I see a brown leaf. I see a red leaf."

Words of the week- I, see, a
Review words- go, in the
Go on a word hunt and try to find the word the in any books you read.


ABC CHART

During conferences I gave everyone the alphabet chart the students use to sound out new words. If you ever lose it or need another copy here is a link to the alphabet chart online.

http://www.billings.k12.mt.us/literacy/kindertipfolder/alphachart.pdf
OR
http://www.billings.k12.mt.us/literacy/kindertipfolder/alphabetchart.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment