I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

November 15-29

Important Dates this Month

- November 18- Picture Retakes
- November 23- Early dismissal at 12:00 noon
- November 24-26 - NO SCHOOL


Sign Club Blog!!!

http://roseparksignclub.blogspot.com/

You will find how-to-video's by Mrs. Wheeler or Mrs. Dews and great educational web sites about sign language.


Math this Week

Objective- Solve problems by making and reading a real graph and a picture graph.


Objective- Use the words first through fifth to identify ordinal positions.


At home idea- Have your child draw five smily faces (or suns, flowers,...) . Then have your child the first one green, the second yellow, the third red, the fourth one purple, and the fifth blue.


Chapter 4 - Numbers Through Ten

Objective- Use objects to represent and count the quantities 6 and 7.

At home ideas- Have your child write the number 6 and 7 and then draw objects (triangles, trees, animals, flowers, pumpkins,... ) to match then numeral.


Find some standard playing cards. Get two of each cards for 1-7 and play matching/Go Fish. Remember to have your child touch each dot on the card and count how many things are on the card (this is to reinforce the skill of one to one correspondence and build number sense).

Objective- Use objects to represent and count the quantity 8.

Idea at home- Have your get 7 crackers. Ask your child to put ONE MORE cracker in pile and find out how many are in the group then. Repeat for ONE FEWER. Have your child put different objects in a pile and have him/her put/take ONE MORE or ONE FEWER from the pile.

Reading this week

We will be reading, "Mary Wore Her Red Dress". We will review color words (ie. red, blue, yellow, etc.).

Objectives: children will...

- identify characters

- preview and predict

- match spoken to printed words

- listen to stories being read aloud.



Mini-Book of the Week

Thanksgiving Dinner

Example of the Book- "The turkey is on my plate. The bread is on my plate."

Words of the week- is, on, my
Review words- go, in the, see, I, a
Go on a word hunt and try to find the word the in any books you read.


Science this week

Objective- Observe and describe objects in the daytime sky.

At home idea- Write and draw things you see in the sky. "I see... ."


Objective- Infer that the sun provides light to the earth and conclude the light helps us to see.

At home idea- Turn off the lights and have your child draw a picture of what he/she sees in the room. Then turn the lights on and have your child draw a picture of what he/her sees now. Discuss the differences in the pictures.

Objective-Observe and identify objects in the night sy.
Compare the objects visible in the sky during the day and at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment