I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

November 22-26

Happy Birthday Jazmin!!!!!


Important Dates this Month

- November 23- Early dismissal at 12:00 noon
- November 24-26 - NO SCHOOL




COLD WEATHER ADVISORY!!!!

-Winter weather is here to stay. The students need to start bringing appropriate winter clothing (snow boots, snow pants, gloves, hats, and a warm coat). Students will also need to bring an extra pair of shoes that they can wear inside.

- It can take an adult a couple of minutes to get their winter gear on. Five and six years old can take up to ten minutes to get their winter gear on and off each time. We need to cut this time down, so we can have more learning time! Please have your child practice getting his/her winter gear on and off. Have them practice getting their stuff on in this order (snow pants, snow boots, hat, coat, and mittens). Thanks for all of your help!


Math this Week

Chapter 4 - Numbers Through Ten

Objective- Use objects to represent and count the quantities 6 and 7.

At home ideas- Have your child write the number 6 and 7 and then draw objects (triangles, trees, animals, flowers, pumpkins,... ) to match then numeral.


Find some standard playing cards. Get two of each cards for 1-7 and play matching/Go Fish. Remember to have your child touch each dot on the card and count how many things are on the card (this is to reinforce the skill of one to one correspondence and build


Reading and writing this week

We will review high frequency words (sight words): I, see, the, go, is, and my. Students are also learning to use spaces when writing a new word, so the words are easier to read. I have taught the kids to use
two fingers to figure out how big the space between each word should be.

Science this week

Objective- Students will conclude that there are many stars in the sky and infer that these stars can only be seen at night.

Objective- Infer that some starts appear to form patterns called constellations.


Holiday Music Program

Holiday Music Program: Our general music Holiday program is on

Thursday, December 16th at 1:00 p.m. in the gym.

This will include all Kindergarten through 6th graders in general music.

There is only one concert this year, so c
ome early for seating.


The Rose Park Christmas Stroll will be Thursday, December 9th (weather permitting).

For those who have never participated in the stroll, students and parents gather at the school and walk over to Christmas Wreath Lane (Avenue D) and sing Christmas Carols as a big group. Usually Santa is out at one of the houses down at the end of the street, which is a big hit for the kids. After caroling, we return to the school for hot chocolate and cookies.

(More information to come in the next couple of weeks.)


Sign Language Club


Dear Parents,

We are having a lot of fun during Sign Language club The kids are all doing a great job! Approximately 60 students have been in attendance each week. It is important to bring your child at 3:05. Some students have been arriving 20 minutes early and there is no place for them to wait. It is disruptive to have them waiting in the hall. We finish at 3:45 and picking your children up on time is important. We will not have Sign club on Tuesday, November 23rd, as it is a half day for the students and we will be in a staff meeting until 4:00.

Thank you,
Mrs. Wheeler and Mrs. Dews

No comments:

Post a Comment