I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12-March 16

Happy Birthday Peyton!!!

Class Pictures- Tuesday, March 13th
Lifetouch website- You can pay online!
Safe Student Educational Games

(Click on
the words below)


Alberta Bair- Parent Volunteers (We need 2 parents to join us. Please email me at hansona@billingsschools.org if you are available)


Mini-Book
Click on the title of the book below and find FREE printouts of the mini-book, large colored big book and more!

  • New Word- here, there, are

  • Review Words- look, have, do, you, see, the, with, we, in it, and, at, said, see blue, red, yes, no, can, go, I, a, like, he, she, is, we, my

  • Secret Agent Words- Number the alphabet from 1-26, then convert your words to a number code.
  • - a-1, b-2, c-3, d-4, e-5, f-6, g-7, h-8... ( 8, 5= he)



MATH COMMON CORE STANDARDS (click on the title for more information)
  • K.OA.1. Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings1, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
  • K.OA.2. Solve addition and subtraction word problems, and add and subtract within 10, e.g., by using objects or drawings to represent the problem.
  • K.OA.3. Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each decomposition by a drawing or equation (e.g., 5 = 2 + 3 and 5 = 4 + 1).

Know number names and the count sequence.

  • K.CC.1. Count to 100 by ones and by tens.
  • K.CC.2. Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1).
  • K.CC.3. Write numbers from 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral 0-20 (with 0 representing a count of no objects).


Math This Week

(Ideas from Scott Foresman SuccessNet)


11-4 Whole minus part

Objective- Use the minus sign (-) to represent "take away" stuations when reording subtraction.

Vocabulary- - minus sign, subtract



Journal IdeaJournal Idea Have your child draw a group of up to 6 objects. Ask him/her to mark Xs to take some away. Then ask them to complete the
expression "__ – __" to tell about their picture.
Quick Check Display a group of 5 blocks. Take away 4. Write "__ – __" on the board. Have your child complete the expression.


11-5 Equal and Difference

Object.- Use the eqal sign (=); subtract and write the difference.

Vocabulary- Equals sign, subtract,difference

Journal IdeaJournal Idea Display a group of 7 crayons. Remove 1 of him/her. Ask your child to complete "__ – __ = __."
Quick Check Write 6 – 3 = 3 on the board. Have your child read it and tell what the numbers and symbols mean.

11-6
Subtracting When Writing a Sentence
Object.- Write and solve subtraction sentences to represent take-away situations.
Vocabulary- equal sign, subtract, difference

Journal IdeaJournal Idea Have your child draw 6 circles and mark Xs to take away 3 of them. Ask your child to complete "__ – __ = __."
Quick Check Write 7 – 2 = 5 on the board. Have your child read the subtraction sentence, find the minus sign, and find the equal sign. Repeat with other subtraction sentences.



No comments:

Post a Comment