I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Friday, February 3, 2012

February 6- 10

Safe Student Educational Games
(Click on the words below)



Valentine's Day

While Valentine’s Day is on
Tuesday, February 14th, we will be celebrating it Wednesday, February 15th (early dismissal day). If you would like to bring any healthy snacks on Wednesday to celebrate Valentine’s Day, the kids would love it. Students may also bring Valentines for everyone in the class. Here is a list of all 21 students in our class.

A.J, Amir, Connor, Peyton, Cooper, Caleb, Hunter, Sy,

Calvin, Cory, Ethan, Parker, Hailey, Isabella,

Kaleila, Addison, Kylee, Alyssa, Karli, Sierra and Grace


Important Dates in February
  • February 14th (Tues.)- Valentine's Day and PTA Meeting 7 p.m in the Library
  • February 15th (Wed.)- Classroom Valentine Day Party and Early Dismissal @ noon
  • February 16, 17, 20- No School



Mini-Book
(Play Go Fish, Matching or go on a word hunt. While on a word hunt count and tally how many said (or any sight word) words are in the book.

This Week: The Hearts (Do you see the candy with hearts? Do you see the card with hearts?)
  • New sight words- do, you see, the, with
  • Review words- we, in, t, and, said, see, blue, red, yes, no, can, go, yes,no, I, a, like, he, she, is
Last Week: In Winter (Do we wear boots in winter? We do! Do we wear a coat in winter? We do!)
  • New sight words- do we, in
  • Review Words- it, and, said, see, blue, red, yes, no, can, go, yes,no, I, a, like, he, she, is


WAYS TO PRACTICE WORDS AT HOME

(Click on the title for more suggestions)


 Rainbow Words

Write your words in three colors

 Picture Words

Draw a picture and write your words in the picture

 Scrambled Words

Write your words and then write them again with the letters mixed



Math this Week

10-1 Objective- Act out number stories that involve joining two groups.

  • At home idea- draw a picture that shows 2 big circles and 3 small circles. Ask your child to write and complete the sentence “__ and ___ is ___” (ie. 2 and 3 is 5.) To change the activity change the numbers in each of the small groups (I.e. Draw 5 small squares and 4 big squares and write 5 and 4 is 9.


10-3 Objective- Solve problems by drawing pictures about joining two groups.

  • At home idea- Say, “ I have 3 strawberries and 2 strawberries. How many strawberries do I have altogether?” Have your child draw a picture and complete the sentence ““ ___ and ___ is ___.” ( 3 and 2 is 5). To extend the activity change the item and/or the number of items in each small group.

10-4 Objective- Use the plus sign (+) to represent joining groups when recording addition.

  • At home idea- Display a group of 2 markers and a group of 5 markers. Have your child complet e the expression “ __ + __ = ___”. To extend the activity change the item and/or the number of items in each small group.

No comments:

Post a Comment