I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Friday, January 27, 2012

January 30- February 3

Happy Birthday Grace!
Safe Student Educational Games
(Click on the words below)


Important Dates in February
  • February 14th (Tues.)- Valentine's Day and PTA Meeting 7 p.m in the Library
  • February 15th (Wed.)- Early Dismissal @ noon
  • February 16, 17, 20- No School


Math This Week

The student will identify and locate parts of the calendar including the
dates, days of the week and the current month

-Your child will bring home his/her February calendar. Hang it up in the kitchen or some place very visible, so you can look at it every day and mark each day off the calendar.

-Find the dates on the calendar and figure out what day of the week it is.
- Example Find February 3rd- Feb. 3rd is a Friday, February 9th is a Thursday.



Mini-Book
(Play Go Fish, Matching or go on a word hunt. While on a word hunt count and tally how many said (or any sight word) words are in the book.

This Week: In Winter (Do we wear boots in winter? We do! Do we wear a coat in winter? We do!)
  • New sight words- do we, in
  • Review Words- it, and, said, see, blue, red, yes, no, can, go, yes, no, I, a, like, he, she, is

This Week: People Who Help (She is a construction worker. He is a baker.)
  • New Sight Words- She, he, is, a
  • Review Words-it, and, said, see, blue, red, yes, no, can, go, yes, I, a, like


Book Club Order



February 3rd

Due Friday,

Web address:

http://clubs.scholastic.com/

Class Activation Code: HD9VX


Now it's easier than ever to find the perfect books for your child -- shop our NEW online Book Clubs Web site. Choose

from a much-wider selection of books than in the printed flyer. Plus, you can send your orders directly to me online

and use your credit card to pay.

Best of all, we earn a FREE book for the classroom library every time a parent places an order online.*

No comments:

Post a Comment