I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February 27-March 2

Safe Student Educational Games
(Click on the words below)

Kindergarten is going to the Alberta Bair Theater to watch the performance of Raven Stole the Sun on Tuesday, April 10th, 2012! In order to secure the seats and pay for the bus, we need to collect the money ASAP. The performance costs $5 per person (student/adult) and the bus will be $2 per person. Please send $7 (cash or check payable to Alysha Hanson) and the permission slip by Tuesday, February 28th.


Inline image 1

February Parent Party!!!

Please join us Wednesday, February 29th

3:15pm-4:15pm in the Rose Park Gym

We will be learning about etiquette and respect in a fun and special way!

There will be snacks and prizes!

We will also be sharing/discussing helpful parenting tips, techniques, etc. with each other through a fun game!

For questions, please call Chantel at 696-0212, email oakley.billings@gmail.com or check out our Parent Parties blog at RoseParkParentParties.blogspot.com

We look forward to seeing you on the 29th!!!


Read-A-Thon
(Reading Week)
Check the Rose Park website for information on the Read-A-Thon or if you need additional reading logs or sponsor sheets, please email Brenda Binstock (PTA President) @ bbinstock@bresnan.net.

Mini-Book
Click on the title of the book below and find FREE printouts of the mini-book, large colored big book and more!

This Week: Tails ( Cats have tails. Dogs have tails.)
  • New Word- have
Last Week: I am Helping ( I am folding the laundry. I am making the cookies.)
  • Review words- do, you, see, the, with, we, in it, and, at, said, see blue, red, yes, no, can, go, I, a, like, he, she, is

(click on the title above for more ideas)
  1. Cheer Your Words- Pretend you are a cheerleader and call out your words (t-h-e spells "the")
  2. Sound Words- Use tape recorder or another device and record your words and their spelling
  3. Back Writing- Using your finger, draw each letter on a partners back having the partner say the word when completed.
(To go to Dr.Seuss' website, click on the title above.)

To celebrate Dr.Seuss' birthday on March 2nd (Friday), we are going to be reading a variety of his books including: The Foot Book, The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, Oh the Places You Will Go, ABC, and many more.

Math This Week
Object.- Use the pus sign (+) to represent joining groups when recording addition.

Vocab.- Add, plus sign (+)


Objective- Identify and use the equal sign (=); add and write the sum.
  • At home idea- Your child will roll two different dice and write an addition sentence using the numbers rolled on the dice. For example I rolled a 6 and 2. I will write 6+2= 8. It may be helpful if your child draws the dots from the dice, so he/she has a picture of what he/she is counting. Continue rolling both dice, drawing the picture, and writing the addition sentences.

Objective- write and solve addition sentences to represent jointing situations.

  • At home idea- Display a domino, such as one showing 3 dots and 2 dots. Your child will draw the domino on a piece of paper and write the addition sentence (3+2=5). Point to each number and symbol as children say the sentence with you. Ask questions about the addition sentence ( How many were in the first and/or second group or how many are there altogether?)

Objective- Find, identify, and record numbers through 31 on a calendar.

  • At home ideas- Hold up a number card from 2 through 20. Have your child tell the numbers that come just before and after. Hold up 2 number cards and have him/her tell the number that comes between. Repeat with different numbers.

  • At home ideas- Look at the calendar with your child and ask him/her to count the number of days in December. Then see if he/she can find what day of the week December 1st, 10th, 6th, etc... is.

No comments:

Post a Comment