I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Monday, September 12, 2011

September 12-16

Tennis Shoe Tuesdays (P.e @ 1:45 )

Library Books on Wednesday (Library @ 1:30)

Music on Thursday (Music @ 1:30)

Saturday Live- September 24th at Pioneer Park
-Our school will serve "tacos in a boat". We need all the HELP we can get. Even if you can
only come and help serve the food for an hour, it would be appreciated. You can call or
email me any time this week if you are available.

Math this Week

Chapter three (Numbers through 5)


Objective- Use objects to represent and count the quantities 1, 2, and 3.

  • At home ideas- Have children draw or cut out 1 square, 2 triangle, and 3 circles. Give your child three crayons, pencils, buttons, etc. and ask your child to pick up 1, 2, or 3 things on the table.


Objective- Recognize and write the numerals that describe the quantities 1, 2, and 3

  • At home idea- Have your child write 1, 2, and 3. Next to the numeral, have him/her draw/cut out and glue the corresponding number of shapes or magazine pictures.


This is an excellent time to start playing Go Fish or Matching with your child. Have cards with a number on it and another that matches the quantity (Ex. 2 and the other card has 2 circles.)


MAKE A NUMER BOOK!!!!

Your child can make their very first book! Write one number on each page(1-10) and then have your child draw or cut out pictures of the number on the page

(Ie. Page 2- draw 2 butterflies, draw 2 apples, cut out 2 chairs, etc.)



Letters this week

The letters Nn, Oo, Ss, Hh, Rr will be introduced this week. For each letter everyday, we are singing the alphabet, reading a special book about the letter of the day, and listening and identifying pictures starting with the letter of day (Ie. Monday was letter Nn- we found n, nuts, #9, and much much more).

Have your child go on a LETTER HUNT and find all the thing inside or outside of your house that is the letter of the day (Letter of the day "Nn"-needle, newspaper, nuts, nose, noodles, etc.).


PTA Meeting at 7:00 p.m. in the Library
on Tuesday, September 13th. Daycare is available.


Coupon Books and Money are due soon!

EARLY RELEASE DAY
September 22, 2011 (Thursday)
Students leave at noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment