I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10-14

Happy Birthday Dante!!!


Important Dates

Just a quick heads up about our January PTA meeting. Mr. Beeman is holding a Community Forum at Will James on Tuesday, January 11th from 6:00 - 7:30.
January 14- Friday- End of 2nd Quarter
January 17- Monday- PIR Day- NO SCHOOL for students
January 18- Tuesday-PTA Meeting at 7p.m. in the Library
February 11-Friday-Rose Park Carnival 5-8 pm

The carnival committee has been hard at work planning a fantastic fun family night for Rose Park families and friends. Great food, games, and prized are in store.

Silent Auction
Each classroom will create their very own themed baskets!!! The theme for our classroom basket is Dinosuars. Please send one item/donationby January 21.

Math This Week Math Counting

Objective- Recognize and write the numerals that describe the

quantities 13, 14, and 15.


At home idea- Hold up number card for 13, 14, or 15 and have

your child make a group of objects match the numerals (i.e. 13 crackers, 14

legos, or 15 marshmallows.

Objective- Recognize and write the numerals that describe the

quantities 16 and 17.

At home idea- Have your child draw 16 simple figures, such

as stars or triangles, and write the number. Then have him/her draw 17 simple

figures and write the number.

Reading this week
We will be reading "The Mitten" by Jan Bret.
Children will
-recall and retell a story
-value print as a means of getting information
-recognize sequence of events
-distinguish between realism and fantasy


Mini-Book of the Week

The Mitten

Example of the Book- "The mole was in the mitten. The bear was in the mitten."

Words of the week- was
Review words- said, in, we, the, like, I, can, is, on, my, go, see, a


No comments:

Post a Comment