I think I can... I think I can...

I think I can... I think I can...

Friday, October 25, 2013

October 28- November 1


Safe Internet sites for kids
 (Click on the picture and it will link you to the site.)

Abc and Numbers 


Ten frame- counting from 1 to 10


Check out all of our GREAT pumpkins!!!


Important Dates 


-Thursday, October 31st, Halloween- children do not dress up in their costumes

- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday ( November 6th, 7th, and 8th)
Early Dismissal @ noon



Take-Home book!!!



-Print your own copy at home. There are small book and bigger colored books. Click on the picture below and check it out!



Read the introduction at the beginning of the book aloud. Look through the pictures together (picture walk) so that your child can see what happens in the story before reading the words. 


Reading This Week

Theme question: What are our five senses? How can we use them to discover the world around us.
  • Review letters- Aa- Xx( CAN YOUR CHILD IDENTIFY THE LETTER 
and THE SOUND IT MAKES????)



Math This Week

K.CC5 Count to answer “how many?” questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1-20, count out that many objects. 

I will introduce the concept that a teen number  is a group of ten and ones.  13  is  one ten and three,  14  is  one ten and 4, 15 is one ten and 5.
Print off this 20 frame and use as a template. Write the number 13 and have your child put 13 objects on the  10 frame. First, put 10 on the first 10 frame and 3 on the other. 

 Count together. Make sure to count one objects at a time.

TRY OTHER NUMBERS 0-15!!


Click  on the picture for a game idea. Make your own matching cards on index cards. Make cards for 0 - 20.





No comments:

Post a Comment